- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Running Injury Care & Prevention with Our Solon Chiropractor
At Reed Chiropractic, our Solon chiropractor team enjoys working with runners, since they tend to be motivated and engaged with their care. If you're a runner, consider consulting with our team so you can hit the road with confidence.
Common Runners' Injuries
Runners are prone to a variety of injuries (although these conditions aren't necessarily unique to runners). Here are a few of the ones we see most often:
- Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome ("runner's knee" or chondromalacia): this causes pain at the knee due to damage and inflammation underneath the patella (knee cap)
- Hip flexor, hamstring, and/or adductor strain: damage to the muscle fibers in your hip and groin area
- Stress fractures: small breaks in the bones of the foot
- Achilles tendonitis: inflammation and damage to the heel cord (behind the ankle)
- Medial tibial stress syndrome ("shin splints")
- Plantar fasciitis: a major source of heel pain caused by inflammation to the underside of your foot (your arch)
Common symptoms include tenderness, joint instability, pain, pain with certain movements, decreased hip and ankle flexibility, inability to bear weight, and muscle wasting (atrophy).
The reasons why any these injuries occur are multifaceted, and it's our job at Reed Chiropractic to help you tease out and address those causes in addition to alleviating your symptoms. Common risk factors include:
- Under-training (e.g., jumping off the couch and straight into a 5k)
- Over-training (e.g., not giving yourself enough recovery between workouts)
- Inadequate sleep and stress management
- Inadequate nutrition and hydration
- Improper running form and shoes
- Running surface (e.g., downhill, hard asphalt, uneven terrain)
- Posture (e.g., imbalanced spinal, pelvic, and/or hip alignment, flat or high arches)
How a Sports Injury Chiropractor Can Help You Recover From (And Prevent) a Running Injury
There are plenty of things you can do to reduce your risk of a running injury—consulting with a sports injury chiropractor could be one of the most effective! Here's how:
- We can evaluate and fit you for custom orthotics to improve skeletal alignment and running tolerance
- Through lifestyle counseling, we educate you on ways to improve controllable risk factors such as weight, nutrition, range of motion, and running technique
- If an injury does occur, we relieve your symptoms and inflammation using non-invasive, drug-free modalities and services such as spinal decompression, adjustments, and corrective exercises
Contact our Solon Chiropractor Today
Are you a runner? Get help from a chiropractor in Solon OH. Contact Reed Chiropractic Clinic now at 440-248-2866 to schedule your initial consultation. We proudly serve communities near the 44139 area, including Twinsburg, Glenwillow, Reminderville, Bentleyville, and Chagrinfalls.